Today we celebrate International Women’s Day. A global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. Today we reflect on the progress that has been made, we honor the courageous women who came before us, and we celebrate the greats who continue to lead us forward. There is still so much work to be done all over the world, and every little bit helps. As woman, we must stand together, lift each other up, empower one another, and help each other be the best possible people we can be. We are in this together, and together we can overcome any obstacle. So, do what you can, with what you have, and let yourself be passionate about issues that matter to you. Find a way to help a cause that is dear to you. I have never been more proud to be a woman. Proud to be the daughter of a great women, and the mother to an AMAZING young women. Right now, is a powerful time in our fight, our story. So, on this Women’s Day I have put together a small collection of 10 favorite quotes, from women, that inspire me to fight the good fight. I hope you enjoy and find some inspiration on this powerful day.
- “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.
– Michelle Obama
- “I think there should be more love in the world. Gritty, dangerous, wild-eyes love. Radical acceptance of people.”
– Brene Brown
- “How wonderful is it that nobody need to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”
- “There’s no race, no religion, no class system, nothing, no sexual orientation that makes us better than anyone else. We are all deserving of love.”
– Sandra Bullock
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars. To change the world.”
- “To all the girls who think you’re ugly because you’re not a size 0, You’re the one who’s beautiful. It’s society who’s ugly.”
- “Great people go things before they are ready. They do things before they know they can do it. Doing what you’re afraid of, getting out of your comfort zone, taking risks like that – that is what life is. You might be really good. You might find out something about yourself that’s really special and if you’re not good, who cares? You tried something. Now you know something about yourself.”
– Amy Poehler
- “Laws and traditions that hold back women, hold back entire societies.”
– Hillary Clinton
- “I’ve come to believe that each of us have a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it in the form of service, working hard, and allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.”
- “The real things haven’t changed. IT is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and to have courage when things go wrong”
– Laura Ingalls Wilder
Happy International Women’s Day! I hope you enjoyed! What quotes did I miss? Let me know!
Much Love & Happy Travels,